Active Ingredients: Collagen Hydrolysate (CH), Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA)
Marine Collagen Skin Support is a Norwegian dietary supplement containing two essential skincare elements, collagen hydrolysate and alpha-lipoic acid. It is specifically formulated to restore skin vitality, combat environmental stress and delay premature aging.
Skin Aging Process
Visible aging of our skin starts around age 25: cell renewal process begins to slowdown, skin becomes thinner, supporting tissue loses elasticity and firmness, pores grow larger and water retaining ability declines. Environmental stress such as UV light, ozone and air pollutants further accelerates the aging process. Skin problems such as dryness, roughness, dullness, expression lines and wrinkles gradually arise.
Collagen In The Skin
In the dermis, collagen provides the skin with elasticity and locks in moisture. Collagen is synthesized by skin cells called fibroblasts. As we age, fibroblasts diminish, resulting in decreased skin collagen level.
Collagen Hydrolysate (CH)
Dietary collagen has a large molecular structure making it difficult to be absorbed by the body. aXimed adopts advanced hydrolysis technology to break down collagens into extremely small molecules (molecular weight less than 3000D), called collagen hydrolysates (CH), so that they are readily absorbed and utilized by the body.
Studies demonstrated that CH not only replenishes the lost collagen of the skin, but also promotes regeneration of fibroblasts (skin cells responsible for collagen production). CH also strengthens the hair and nails and enhances their brightness and shine.
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA)
Skin aging has been largely attributed to oxidative stress which damages the skin matrix and encourages pigmentation. As we age, our intrinsic antioxidant system grows weaker where as environmental stress promotes the formation of free radicals, leading to increased oxidative stress and hence skin aging.
ALA has been scientifically proved to block the chain reaction of free radicals, reducing the breakdown of the skin matrix and inhibiting skin pigmentation. ALA also protects liver health and promotes detoxification, improving skin tone and reducing puffiness.
- Enhances skin elasticity and locks in moisture
- Firms and tightens the skin
- Narrows skin pores and smooths skin roughness
- Inhibits pigmentation and improves skin tone
- Reduces skin dullness and keeps the skin look bright
- Promotes detoxification, improves skin complexion, reduces puffiness
- Promotes cell metabolism and improves skin regeneration
- Strengthens the hair and nails, enhances their brightness and shine
- Callaghan TM and Wilhelm KP. Int J CosmetSci 2008; 30:313-22.
- Chai HJ, et al. J Biomed Biotechnol 2010; Article ID 757301.
- Gorąca A et al. Pharmacol Rep 2011; 63:849-58.
- Matsugo S, et al. Free Radic Res 2011;45:918-24.
- Proksch E, et al. Skin PharmacolPhysiol 2013; 27:47-55.
- Stahl W, Sies H. MolNutr Food Res 2012;56:287-95.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.